Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Heart Wasn't In It

The Heart of a Killer
Jaci Burton
Released Oct 25th, 2011
409 Pages
Mira Publishing





Firstly, I want to give Ms. Burton props for stepping out of her comfort zone and making a go at the Romance Suspense Genre.  WOO HOO!!

With that being said, I will say that I thought the PLOT had soooooo much potential. It could have went anywhere with all of the choices we had for the killer. BUT, it just didn't do it for me. The story kind of fell flat. The plot just flopped somewhere after a few chapters and after a while I just didn't care WHO the killer was.

Anna was likeable in the first few page or two and then she kind of annoyed me. Dante was a hero, who lacked the hero traits. I mean, who just left their girlfriend after a traumatic event like that?? I understand it's fiction, but to never say goodbye?? And their chemistry....WAS SO NOT JACI BURTON....The dialogue was OFF and the relationship between them was just OK for me.

Now on the other hand....I thought Gabe was SEEEEEEXY, and If his book is the next in the series, I might just have to read it anyway!!

The plot was very repetitive, and I was kind of hoping that the person who attacked her was a kid obsessed with her, and his brother continued in the obsession, or something like that. Or Roman was really the one that tried to attack her, but a kid in the alley was mistaken for the guy in the shuffle.  Something other than what the outcome actually was.

So I will say it was ok/good, but not great/amazing. I usually LOVE Ms. Burton's stuff so I was actually very sad that I didn't like this one that much!! There is still hope for the next book in the series!!

No comments: