Friday, October 28, 2011

Throwback Thursday (on Friday)

Sorry Guys...forgot yesterday was Thursday and posted a great review instead of the usual throwback.  I have been sick since I came home from the NJRW Conference, so please excuse the Medicine Brain.

Fools Rush In
Kristan Higgins
Released Nov 1st, 2006
384 Pages
HQN

Rewarding job as a local doctor on Cape Cod? Check. Cute cottage of her very own? Check. Adorable puppy suitable for walks past attractive locals? Check! All she needs is for golden boy and former crush Joe Carpenter to notice her, and Millie will be set.

But perfection isn't as easy as it looks—especially when Sam Nickerson, a local policeman, is so distracting. Sure, he needs a friend after being dumped by Millie's fortune-hunting sister, but does she really need to enjoy his company that much? He is definitely not part of her master plan. But maybe it's time for Millie to start a new list…

I already owned the Kindle Edition, and currently bought the new Mass MArket Paperback becaise I loved the cover.  I picked it up this week and began skimming through the book, remembering the parts I loved and the parts I laughed.  I remembered leaving this book to read last, after downloading all Kristan's books. 

 I didn't think I would love it.  I wasn't sure that the heroine was going to grab me like she did.  Millie was great, her jogging regime was HYSTERICAL and her heart was HUGE!! 

I loved Sam, what a wonderful guy.  Who wouldn't fall for him.  And Joe the Carpenter.  He is the bad boy that we have all fallen in love with.  The guy that we have such high hopes for and in the long run, just aren't what we hoped they would be.

I am so happy that I gave this book a chance,  As it turned out to be one of my favorites of Kristan's.  Not that I haven't LOVED all of her books!!  This will teach me to never judge a book by the first few pages!!

No comments: