Wednesday, October 17, 2012

RACY RED PANTIES WEEK

Return to You
Laurel Heights #3
Kate Perry
Published April 15th, 2012
197 Pages
Kindle Edition
Source: Reviewer Purchased

That rat bastard Michael Wallace is back.

The last person Olivia Parker expects to walk into her lingerie shop is her high school sweetheart. She's so over him. Mostly. Except that he's hotter than ever and still knows her better than she knows herself. But how can she risk her heart when she knows he's just going to leave again?

It's a simple plan: return home, shoot the movie, and leave emancipated from the contract he signed eleven years before. But Michael's plan gets blown away the moment he sees Olivia again. Smart, sexy, and successful, Olivia is distraction personified. Only worse than that—Michael fears Olivia may be his heart and soul…


RETURN TO YOU was a kindle-freebie that I picked up a while back and ran across this weekend.  Funny enough, I was reading a bunch of books where the heroine owned a lingerie shop, and this one fit the bill for my Racy Red Panties Week. 

From the first page I was invested in Olivia and Michael, their past, their present and their future, if they even had one together.  There was a lot of pain and mistrust on Olivia's end, and a lot of regret on Michael's, but the attraction was still burning as strong as ever, maybe even stronger.

She jumped. "What are you doing?"
Snaring a g-string from behind her, he dangled it from the tip of his index finger. "Do you wear stuff like this?"
She grabbed the scrap of lace from him. "Don't touch my underwear."
His gaze dropped to her lips. An irrational need to see how badly he could smear her dark lipstick spurred him on. "You didn't used to mind."
"My standards were lower then."
"Ouch."

There is also a secondary romance between Olivia's father, and his assistant, which I found to be endearing and fun to read.  I liked that we get to meet some characters from previous books and future books, but they don't takeover the story, they are just there as supporting characters, but you are also intrigued enough to want to pick up their romances to find out what might have happened or what might be happening, especially with Gwen and Rick.

To be honest, I plowed through about fifty percent of this story until it dies down a bit.  I am not sure if I would have liked a bit more information about the movie that Parker and Michael were filming, a bit more of Parker and Lanie's romance, or a bit more about Olivia and Michael, and the progress of their romance.  I felt a bit rushed towards the end, and felt slightly lost, but still the story went on.  I think the "black moment" could have used some work, or at least the few scenes leading up to it, but the story went on and I did enjoy where it took us.

This was a very cute read and I would recommend this book and the rest of the series to all my Tasty Readers.  I now have Kate Perry on my Authors to watch list and I hope to see much more from her in the future.

Hope you are enjoying Racy Red Panties Week....and if you have a romance that involves a lingerie shop...share with us...who doesn't love a Racy Romance!

Enjoy and Happy Reading!!

No comments: