Thursday, October 18, 2012

RACY RED PANTIES WEEK

Bare Necessities
Brookfield Series
Lacey Wolfe
Released Oct 1st, 2012
ebook
Source: Gifted by Author

After years of bad relationships, Ava Miller is finally living life for herself and isn’t going to let anyone get in the way. Her dream is to open a lingerie shop, and she has chosen Brookfield, Wyoming as her new home, where her dreams might just come true. Once she meets the town sheriff, though, she’s suddenly involved in a flirtatious battle for the right to open her store.

Seth Hampton is the town’s sheriff, and when Ava shows up, he’s not sure what hits him. He craves her, yet he can’t stand to allow that type of shop to open in his small town. However, he isn’t alone. Someone else wants Ava to leave town. Things take a turn when her shop is vandalized, and all evidence points to Seth.

Ava isn’t sure what to think. While Seth seems to be the only one with motives, something inside her believes he would never do it. Can Ava and Seth figure it out before one of them gets hurt?


BARE NECESSITIES, the newest release from author Lacey Wolfe, takes us back to Brookfield, Wyoming, for another romance and maybe a little trouble.  This time we meet Julie's cousin, Ava, a hot-tempered Italian who comes head to head with the town's Sheriff over the opening of her new store called, Bare Necessities.  Let's just say that these two don't agree on anything, except maybe their mutual attraction to one another.

Ok, I did like the storyline of this romance, and I did enjoy the build-up in suspense, as well as, the build-up of sexual tension, BUT...It was missing something.  I think it had to do with the fact that the first time they meet feels a bit rushed, and then they have a few awkward moments together, and then they are "in love".  I didn't feel as if they had gotten a chance to really get to know each other.  Could just be me, every reader is different, but I like when the hero and heroine have a few choice meetings before he insults her...haha...nice going Officer!

There were some great scene's between Ava and Seth that had me cracking up, when that fiery Italian temper came lashing out,

"Listen here, you're not going to stop me from opening my shop. It isn't against the law. There will always be prude people, but I never expected you to be one of them. My store isn't just dildos and vibrators. It's mainly going to be sleepwear for women and, yes, lingerie. Do you have a problem with pretty panties?"
He was still taking quick glimpses at the pair she wore.
"It looks like you like the ones I'm wearing. You keep looking at them. Should I take them off?" Her finger lingered at the top.
Seth's Adam's apple bounced. She could see she might have taken it a bit too far, but she enjoyed pushing this man's buttons.
"No, leave them on." He managed to spit out.
She stepped closer and let her fingers dance along the edges of the lace. "What's the matter, officer? Do I make you nervous?" she whispered. 

I always enjoy Lacey's romances, so I was a bit sad that this one didn't hold my absolute attention, but I would still recommend it to all my Tasty Readers, especially if you are enjoying the Racy Red Panties Romances this week.  Come back and let me know what you think!! 

Enjoy and Happy Reading!!

1 comment:

Lacey Wolfe said...

Thanks for taking the time to read Bare Necessities. :)