Thursday, July 26, 2012

WEEK OF YA

Confessions of an Angry Girl
Confessions #1
Louise Rozett
Releasing August 28th, 2012
304 Pages
Harlequin
Source: NetGalley

BLURB:

Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some CONFESSIONS to make...

#1: I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

#2: I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who "might" be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

#3: High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry-get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.) (Sorry. That was rude.)


I don't always like to use the Blurb when explaining the book to my readers, but this one is the perfect description of Rose Zarelli, and all her infinite wisdom.  We have all been there, or have seen it, angsty teen, angry at the world.  But Rose has this humorous side that kept me laughing for hours, that was when I WASN'T drooling over Heartthrob, Jamie Forta...*SWOON*....He will have you melting into a big puddle of giggling school girl!! 

Is it terrible to be Thirty and have a crush on a made-up High School boy??  Hum...that is a whole other discussion!! 
I have to say, I really liked Rose.  She was a fierce protector of her best friend, Tracy, even though Tracy was more concerned with herself, her boyfriend, Matt, and going along with whatever the older cheerleaders want her to do.  Her brother, Peter, went away to school and has become practically a stranger, her mother is too concerned with her therapy clients and too busy to notice her daughter is grieving...the only person who seems to notice her is Jamie Forta...the very cute bad-boy who used to play hockey with her brother before he was thrown off the team a few years back, and Rose may have just had a slight crush on him back in the day. 

Unfortunately, getting attention from Jamie also gets you the unwanted attention of Regina Deladdo, bitch-extraordinaire, cheerleader and thorn in Rose's side.  There is one scene that I won't tell you about, but you will understand when you read it, that had me yelling "GO ROSE!!"  Had me wishing I was back in High School so I could be friends with Rose, she is a new favorite YA heroine in my book!!

I am SOOO excited that this series will be going on..I am guessing four books, since each book is one year of High School for Rose.  The next book is Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend, which will be Rose's sophomore year, and I can't WAIT to find out what is going to happen...especially with the open-ending we are left with at the end of Confessions of an Angry Girl.  Louise Rozett has me hooked and I can't wait for the next book!!  Keep em' coming!!

YES, YES, YES...I highly recommend getting your hands on this book and taking a trip back to High School, even for just a little while!!  You won't be sorry!!

Enjoy and Happy Reading!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha. Nice review. I may have to read this book so that I can be a 26-year-old swooning over a teenage boy!
- Sam @ http://sikbookreviews.blogspot.ca