Friday, April 27, 2012

Handsome Hero Weekend with Elite Ops

Cover Me
Elite Force #1
Catherine Mann
Released July 1st, 2011
342 Pages
Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: Reviewer Purchased


Ok...I'd say we have a decent start to this Elite Ops series.  I have to admit that this is my first Military Romance by Catherine.  I have read all of her Harlequin Romances, but I thought it would be a great idea to venture out, maybe meet a sexy military hero or two or three!!

I truly enjoyed watching our hero, Wade "Brick" Rocha, in action as a Pararescue Jumper (PJ).  Catherine writes the scene as if she is right there, next to Wade as he scales the mountain side...So realistic and fascinating.

Then he meets Sunny Foster, when he parachutes in to rescue her and instead of a thankful heroine, he gets a girl with an attitude and an escape plan.  I was cracking up during their first meeting, with the bantering back and forth...Wade had no idea what he was getting himself into...certainly more than he bargained for.

Let's just say that Sunny has some secrets that she isn't supposed to talk about, but when two bodies, that she helped escape a secret town where she grew up, are found dead on the mountain, Sunny is forced to start talking.

I have to be honest and say that the "love story" fell short for me.  I didn't see too much of a budding relationship, or any connection between the hero and heroine.  I think we had more of a love story between Misty, Sunny's sister and her long ago boyfriend, Flynn.

The suspense part of it was what kept me going, and I honestly kind of liked the Villain.  I know he was the bad guy, but he had a reason for doing what he did, be it a bad reason, he just loved someone SO MUCH that he would do anything to make their life better.  Can't blame him for loving his wife.

So all in all, it was a decent start to the series.  I wouldn't say don't read it, but I tend to need more of a romance in my romance suspense, so if you are like me, be forewarned!!

I will be moving onto Hot Zone, with Master Sergeant Hugh Franco...Yum!!

Happy Reading Ladies...More Handsome Heroes to come!!



No comments: