Thursday, March 29, 2012

Coming in with a Bang.....

The Cowboy Takes a Bride
Jubilee, Texas #1
Lori Wilde
Released March 27th, 2012
348 Pages
Avon
Source: Avon-Addict


Good sense comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from actin' like a damn fool.

-Dutch Callahan





In the first book of Lori Wilde's New Series, Jubilee, Texas, we meet Ex-champion bull rider-turned-cutting-horse cowboy, Joe Daniels, who wakes up to see this little blond spit-fire staring down at him while he is lying half-naked in a horse trough.  Talk about a HELLO!!

Mariah Callahan has nothing left, no job, no money, no home in Chicago and her mother is a newlywed living in Argentina with Iggy, the love of her life.  What else is Mariah to do but head to Jubilee and claim the Ranch that her estranged has left her.  She plans to sell the property as soon as she can and finally get her own Wedding Planning business off the ground, but how can she think about anything but a certain emotionally wounded, hard-living cowboy who stirs her guilt, her heartstrings, and her long-burned cowgirl roots.

OH BOY.....did Lori Wilde start out with a bang in Jubilee, Texas.....You know its the Horse Cutting Heartland....haha....you will get it once you read it.  I was tearing up within the first few chapters, maybe even the first few pages.  I FLEW through this book, page after page, wanting to know what would happen next.  This book touched my heart and held on tight.  I would definitely compare this book to a Kristan Higgins Novel, which ALWAYS has me bawling like a baby.

I think Joe Daniels has crawled into a little spot of my heart and I'm not sure that I'll ever let him go.  I think I'll remember Joe and Mariah for a long, long time.  If you have ever lost a loved one, or have lost the one that you loved more than anything, then you will be able to relate to Joe and what he is going through.  I was in love the second that Mariah started to worm her way into that hole left in Joe's chest where his heart used to be.  The build-up of the romance between them was sweet, and sexy, and sometimes STEAMY...like those hidden kisses against.....oh wait...sorry...almost gave it away.

I have to say that I did LOVE Mariah Callahan from the start.  She was vulnerable, sweet, at times a spit-fire and she never backed down when it came to Joe Daniels and his grief, but she wasn't going to be a replacement for what he lost and she wasn't going to be with someone who would just leave her, just the way her father did all those years ago.

Oh...SO MUCH EMOTION, so much pain and grief, so much regret and sorrow, you can't help but feel for these two, who if they just let go of all the pain could really love each other and love each other good!!

So my recommendation is to READ THIS BOOK!!  I adored it!!  I couldn't put it down and for that to happen...you know its GOOD!!!

If you haven't read anything by Lori Wilde, try The Cowboy Takes a Bride....you wont be sorry!!!

2 comments:

Amy Valentini said...

Wow, I guess I'm going to have to revisit this one when I can give it more attention because I started it and admit the first chapter was a good one but then she kinda lost me by the third. I never say die, so I'll finish it. Glad you enjoyed it. Perhaps this is a demonstration of variety in tastes. If everyone loved the same things, it would be a very dull world. : )

Jaye Shields said...

Interesting debate :) cute cover...