Saturday, July 30, 2011

TAKING DOWN A RAKE

Lord of Scoundrels
Loretta Chase
Released Jan 1st, 1995
384 Pages
Avon Publishing



I got the name of this great historical on a recommendation from Susan Elizabeth Phillips on Facebook.  She announced that Amazon was giving away the Ebook for $1.99 and I thought why not give it a shot.  Boy am I glad that I did, this book was such a great read!!  It truly is the taming of the biggest Rake and boy did I enjoy every minute of it.  Dain was a great hero, sarcastic, funny, complex and a big ol' bully.  Jess was just the perfect heroine to take him down, and she lived up to the challenge, while loving him all the same.  She was smart, funny and gave as good as she got.  I love a bad-ass heroine, especially in the historical books.

If you haven't read this book then you need to get a hold of it.  It was charming, fun, and in some parts heart wrenching.  Especially when Dain is dealing with Dominick for the first time and when he calls him 'Papa", it nearly breaks your heart.

So buy it, borrow it or check it out, but definitely check out this throwback novel!

No comments: