Thursday, May 9, 2013

Griffin sets the bar HIGH with EXPOSED

Exposed
Tracers #7
Laura Griffin
Releasing June 25th, 2013
Pocket Books
400 Pages
Gifted by: Author
Reviewed by: Lisa

EXPOSED is Laura Griffin at her Finest!  If you are not a TRACER-A-HOLIC yet...you will be after this! Brian and Maddie steal the show and I didn't want it to end. 


With the click of her camera, Maddie Callahan inadvertently added herself to the hit list of a criminal mastermind the FBI’s been investigating for months. Agent Brian Beckmann is determined to protect the sexy photographer, but she may be his only lead.

As a forensic photographer, Maddie is used to seeing violence up close, but she’s never before been a target. When a freelance photo shoot goes awry, she realizes she may have seen, and perhaps photographed, the kidnapping of a key witness in a federal probe. And although her camera was stolen, Maddie has something that could be even more valuable to investigators. With the help of her colleagues at the Tracers crime lab, Maddie uncovers DNA evidence that provides a desperately needed break in the case.

Although Brian is reluctant to involve Maddie, she’s determined to help with the investigation and the two set out to track a vicious criminal known as The Doctor, whose far-reaching violence has led to multiple deaths. But as the task force gets closer to catching the deadly Doctor, Maddie is in more danger than ever...


Yep...it's Official...I think Brian and Maddie have beat out Alex and Nathan as my favorite Tracer Couple...ok...they are tied for my favorite.  What can I say about Brian and Maddie that will implicate how much I adored this book...they are just...Amazing.  Laura Griffin has given readers two souls who are not perfect, but they have a balance that just works and with just a look from one to the other, you just know it's love....Swoon....I think I need to go back and re-read some of my Favorite "Brian" moments...

"I'm crazy about you, Maddie. I'll take anything you'll give me."
 
Fans of the TRACERS Series will understand when I say that Laura always writes such amazingly detailed descriptions that reading her books is literally like watching a movie.  Such care goes into making each line, each word count, and that is one of the things that I love about her, the dedication she puts forth is unmatched.  Normally her Romance Suspense's are equally divided into Romance vs. Suspense, which has you sitting on edge, dying to know what is going to happen next, but with EXPOSED, the romance side shines just a tad brighter and I couldn't have asked for ANYTHING MORE.

Our heroine Maddie had me in tears and then wishing I could fill her shoes for a day.  She was SO COOL!  Had a serious wall built-up, but with good reason, and I swear, boy did she find herself a KEEPER!  Ok..she didn't FIND him, he kinda popped up and just never went away.  And Brian...MEGA SWOON...you will fall head over heels for this guy.  Laura gave Maddie the perfect hero, strong enough to push back when Maddie tried to push him away...and boy did she try..but he was NOT letting her get away.

As he looked down into her dark brown eyes, he realized something else.  He wanted a relationship with this woman.  A real relationship, and he didn't give a damn about any of the crap she seemed to think was an obstacle.

 
In love yet?  Oh....it gets better.  So if you haven't figured it out, I LOVED this book.  I love ALL the TRACERS books, but something about Maddie and Brian pulled on every heartstring I have and I know that I will never forget them.  Thank you Laura for writing such an AMAZING couple, I know that if my readers aren't fans of the TRACERS yet, they will be after reading EXPOSED!!



 
 


 

1 comment:

krg said...

Thanks for the post. I also am a huge fan of all of Laura Griffin's books. I am so excited for this release! =D