Wednesday, August 8, 2012

YA WEDNESDAY

This is SO Not Happening
He's So/She's So #3
Kieran Scott
Published May 1st, 2012
320 Pages
Simon & Schuster Children's
Source: Reviewer Purchased

I have to be honest, it took me until now to actually finish the last installment of the He's So/She's So Trilogy by Kieran Scott, but it's not why you think...I was afraid to find out what happens.  Funny I know, but I really enjoyed this series and I was so sad at the end of the last book that I just wasn't sure my heart could take anymore disappointment.  So I waited, I'm not proud that I did, because it ended up being a really fun book at the end, but I was better equip to handle my emotions at this point..hee hee.

In the last installment of the trilogy, we are thrown a punch right out of the bat...and oh boy...was it a BIG one for Ally and Jake, who FINALLY had come back together after a summer apart.  Ugh...I was like "OMG"!!!  This storyline weaves throughout the entire story, involving Chloe, Will, Hammond, and the rest of the Crestie Crew.  My heart was broken, but I was on the fence about who's side I was on...I felt bad for ALL of them, but I was hoping that things could FINALLY work out for Ally and Jake...but alas...another bomb is thrown out there and things just get worse.

I will be honest, I think I liked Jake the best in this book than I did in the last two.  He really grew up, well then regressed, but for the most part, he grew up, and I liked to see the kind of man he was going to be...make sure he was good enough for Ally.  The person who I think really stepped up was Ally, aside from the jealousy at the beginning, she really stood up for a friend when so many people turned their back's on her...I think that says a lot about a person. 

The best part about the book was the "Sixteen Candles" moment...since I LOVE Jake Ryan, and he is my "Movie Boyfriend", but I loved the way Jake finally WOKE UP and got into action.  The ending was just what I needed it to be, resolved but not cheesy.  Just perfect!!

Kieran Scott gives us a great ending to a trilogy full of ups, downs and a few of those twisty turns...I loved it and I know you will to!!

Enjoy and Happy Reading!!

1 comment:

Jaye Shields said...

Great review. I haven't read a young adult book in forever.