Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Two-Steppin at Dot's Spot

Home at Last Chance
Last Chance #2
Hope Ramsay
Released Sept 1st, 2011
352 Pages
Forever
Source: NetGalley

Dear Reader,

You won't believe what's happened. My son Tulane has come back home! You remember Tulane? He'd set out to find fame and fortune in the big, wide world outside of Last Chance, and I'm mighty proud. But that's not the half of it-Tulane isn't only back, he's brought a young lady with him.

Now Sarah-she does PR for Tulane's stock-car team-she's from Boston, but she's just about the sweetest girl you could meet. I think she's meant to keep Tulane out of trouble after that story in the papers, but he doesn't want to talk about it. Anyhow, the Ladies Auxiliary can't wait to start matchmaking and introduce Sarah to our Reverend Ellis. But mark my words, Sarah is tired of being a good girl. And no one is better at breaking the rules and raising Cain than my son . . .

Listen to me going on and keeping customers waiting. I best get back to work, but you come round again. The Cut 'n' Curl's got hot rollers, free coffee, and the best gossip in town.

See you real soon,

Ruby Rhodes


Don't you just love the blurbs for this series!!  They are so cute and inviting, I think it's one of the first things to catch my attention when looking into this series by Hope Ramsay. 

I will be honest and say I didn't love Home at Last Chance as much as the first book.  The storyline was still cute, and I enjoyed watching Tulane and Sarah fall for each other, but there were some things that were left unfinished for me, which they could be a running storyline, but I guess I was looking for a bit more closure, and the ending seemed a bit abrupt.  I was left with a feeling of being lost instead of smiling and feeling like all is right with the world.  Hopefully these cliffhangers will be answered in the next book of the series. 

Things I did enjoy about Home at Last Chance was the friendship that developed between Tulane and Sarah, and then a crush, and then a budding relationship, only if both of them could get their heads out of their asses long enough to realize that they both feel the same way about each other.  They had some funny moments and I got a kick out of these two!

We get a peek at all the same town folk that we loved from book one, and a few more characters that shake things up a bit.  One of my favorite parts of these book is the Angels.  I can't wait to find out what will happen with the Sorrowful Angel of Haley's who cries all the time.  I am a big believer in Angels and the protection of Angels, and I love how Hope Ramsay gets us to find the child within ourselves and has everyone believing in Angels.

Excited to get started on the next book, Last Chance Beauty Queen and I'll be back tomorrow to share my thoughts on Little sister, Rocky's book!!

Hope you all enjoy this series and give it a shot, you won't be disappointed!!

Enjoy and Happy Reading!!



No comments: