Thursday, August 23, 2012

Enjoying the Watermelon Festival

Last Chance Beauty Queen
Last Chance #3
Hope Ramsay
Released Feb 1st, 2012
368 Pages
Forever
Source: NetGalley

Dear Reader,

Gracious me, my beautiful daughter Rocky sure could use my help. I always knew she wasn't much interested in the local boys - but who'd have thought she'd come home with English royalty?

Trouble is, Hugh wants to buy some of our folks' land. We don't want to sell, but Rocky's job depends on her closing the deal. And though Hugh's obviously smitten, I'm not sure he's right for my Rocky. Oh, he's classy and handsome - and you should've seen the way he judged pies and fixed stock cars at our Watermelon Festival! - but what do we know about him, really? I know I sound like a nervous mother hen, but after forty happy years with my Elbert, all I want is to see my little girl find the same.

Well, time for me to quit chattering and get back to Miss Bray's wet set. Always nice talking to you, and remember: the Cut 'n Curl's got hot rollers, free coffee, and the best gossip in town.

See you real soon,

Ruby Rhodes


Rocky Rhodes romance sure didn't disappoint!!  Take a small town, mix in a an English Lord, throw in a bit of drama for fun and you get yourself one very sweet romance.

I was excited to read Last Chance Beauty Queen because we didn't get all that much Rocky Rhodes, little sister, in the last two books, so I was curious to know more about her.  Small town girl disguises herself as buttoned up business woman, when all she really wants to do is run around in her bare feet and live in a Fairy Tale.  Unfortunately, the only prince material around is Hugh DeBracy, and he is the last man that she should be thinking about falling in love with.

Poor Hugh...I just loved him and I savored every kiss that he and Rocky shared...they were so romantic.  It could also be that a man with an English accent it hot...but I think Hope did an amazing job with writing a hero that we all would fall completely in love with.  Rocky never stood a chance.

Like the rest of the series, Last Chance Beauty Queen has many of our favorite town folk involved in the drama, and the more the merrier in my book.  We get to find out a bit more about Bubba and Dash, who have been making small appearances, and I am dying to know if the Sorrowful Angel is who I think it is...according to Aunt Petal...she might be a spirit of someone who has unfinished business...and I think I know who that is...I'll just have to start Last Chance Christmas right away!!

I hope you have enjoyed hanging out in Last Chance, South Carolina as much as I have.  Tomorrow will be our last day here, and just enough time to see what happens when Stone Rhodes meets a woman looking for information about her father...maybe he will even crack a smile!!  We'll see!!

Enjoy and Happy Reading!!

No comments: