Monday, June 11, 2012

Hot Summer Nights in Fools Gold

Summer Nights
Fool's Gold #8
Susan Mallery
Releasing June 26th, 2012
384 Pages
HQN Books
Source: NetGalley

Susan has brought the guns blazing this summer with Summer Days, Summer Nights and All Summer Long.  I have to say, I am enjoying each one, but Summer Nights couldn't be put down.

In Summer Nights, we meet Shane Stryker, sexy horse whisperer and sexy-as-all-hell Cowboy.  Shane comes to Fool's Gold to live and breed on some of his family's property.  He is hoping to settle-down and make a relaxing life for himself, while doing what he loves, working with and breeding horses.  Little does he know, the "nice girl" that his mother has offered to set him up with, is the same woman that he was mesmerized by at Jo's Bar as he watched her sway and grind on top of the bar.  He is definitely NOT looking for another one of THOSE women, he'd had his fill and had his heart broken.

Fool's Gold librarian, Annabelle Weiss, is a sweet, sassy, petite redhead with a heart of gold, which SOME people don't believe, AKA Shane Stryker.  He has her pinned for a wild-child, but agrees to give her riding lessons against his better judgement.  Annabelle thinks Shane is snokin' hot, but won't let herself fall for a man who thinks she is something she isn't, even if with every steamy kiss they share, she finds herself wanting to prove to him that she is a one-man woman.  It might take a lot of prodding and pushing, but I think in the end Shane will come to his senses and see what an amazing woman Annabelle is, even if he has to get his heart cut out to prove it.

I really, really enjoyed reading about Shane and Annabelle's journey to finding the one they long to be with.  They both had ex's that "scarred" them away from thinking they could ever find TRUE LOVE again, but instead they both find that maybe they never had it in the first place, maybe this time around it would be more than they'd had before. 

The one thing I LOVED about this book was that I wasn't overwhelmed with the same old conflict being shoved down my throat. Some romances can keep reiterating the "conflict" with the hero or heroine which has them together, then fighting, and so it goes on and on.  This book has a conflict within the hero and heroine, and it is threaded within the book, but it is done SO NICELY, that I never felt as if I was bored, and I had no urge to scream "Get over it already". 

Summer Nights is so far my favorite of the Summer Trilogy, but I have one more to go, so Charlie, our beloved fire woman, might just show me a thing or two about love.

I recommend the Summer Trilogy in the Fool's Gold series by Susan Mallery if you are looking for a great beach read, or just a read that leaves you feeling good.

Enjoy ladies and Happy Reading!!

10 comments:

Jen Shields said...

OMG. I want to read this tomorrow!

Quilt Lady said...

I love a good feel good book, must check this one out.

Always Reading said...

I can not wait for Summer Nights to come out. Almost time. Come on June 26th!! My plan is to read it on my side deck that over looks the city. I want to read it at night so I can see the city lights.

Melissa said...

So excited!!! Can NOT wait 6 more days!!!
I LOVE FOOL'S GOLD!!

Unknown said...

Romances are a reading escape that touches are heart and remind us what’s most important to each of us. Summer Nights without a doubt delivers! Summer Nights is the perfect beach read. It’s funny, romantic, sexy, and its light both in tone and in actual weight – you can toss the paperback into your beach bag and go or your ebook too. The Stryker men represent everything we love about a cowboy hero. They are protective, honest, tall and strong. Enjoy!

Susan Mallery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Mallery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Mallery said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! I'm glad you enjoyed SUMMER NIGHTS, and I appreciate you letting other readers know about Fool's Gold!

calstephanie said...

Great review! Summer Nights was such a great book. I absolutely loved Annabelle and Shane's story!

Always Reading said...

Summer Nights is a great summer read. Annabelle is caring, a great friend, & so sweet! I love that Annabelle wanted to learn how to ride a horse for her fundraiser for her bookmobile. I don't want to give away anything. I love that there is so many surprises! There is 1 thing that I absolutely love a lot & it has to do with Shane, but I am not going to give it away. Summer Nights is my favorite book in the entire Fool's Gold series! I give 5 stars!