Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Back to the Sugar Shack

Somebody Like You
Sugar Shack #3
Candis Terry
Releasing June 19th, 2012
Harper Collins
Source: Edelweiss/Avon Addicts


Oh, to be back in Deer Lick, Montana, where the grass is green, the Sugar Shack is always serving up something sweet and the men in the Sheriffs Department are Smokin Hot!

Kelly Silverthorne came home to Deer Lick for her brother's wedding, but she also needed some Rest, Relaxation and Recuperation from her fast paced life in Chicago, and her last case that crumbled beneath her feet at trial.  The last thing she thinks she wants is another night of unbelievable passion with Deputy James Harley, but her body and her mind are not playing on the same team. 

Deputy Harley has enough on his plate to worry about, from his ill mother, to a seventeen year-old brother who has a BIG chip on his shoulder, to worrying about keeping a roof over all of their heads.  He likes to keep his relationships simple, no expectations and no one gets hurt, but for some reason Kelly Silverthorne has always been the thorne in that plan, and since the last time he'd had her, he hasn't been able to stop thinking about having her again and again and again. 

James thinks he is only going to be teaching Kelly to "have more fun", but in the end, I think James learns more than he ever thought possible and Kelly finally finds out what makes her truly happy, with a little help from Lettie Silverthorne and her denim over rolls.

I think this may have been my favorite book of the series.  I loved each and every one, but this one has something special that took my sixteen year-old heart and spun it on spin cycle, Alex Harley.....swoon!!

Alex Harley not only challenges James up to his eyeballs, but you can see how lost and lonely he is, and that's exactly what Kelly sees when she gets the chance to get to know him better.  I am SOOOOOO looking forward to the day that Candis writes a book where Alex is the hero, a heart-breaker at seventeen can only be worse for women's hearts at thirty!!

When I was finished reading Somebody Like You, I was left light-hearted and smiling from ear to ear.  I just loved it!! James was SO much more than you would think at first glance.  He was more than just a great body and charming smile, the typical playboy.  He was sweet, kind and had a heart big enough to fill a room.  So sometimes his head didn't catch up with his mouth when he was angry, and spewing all the wrong things...we can forgive him that!

I wasn't too sure about Kelly.  I didn't get to know her all that well in the last two Sugar Shack books, and I honestly didn't think I was going to like her all that much, but Candis sure proved me wrong.  I loved Kelly!!  I thought she was funny and strong, sensitive but wasn't one to get walked on.  I love her honesty, and the way she always told it like it is.  James got A LOT more than he bargained for with Kelly Silverthorne, but if anyone can handle her, I know he can.  And if not, Alex would scoop her up in a second...hee hee!!

I HIGHLY recommend Somebody Like You to EVERYONE!!  It is a stand alone book, but I would recommend reading Second Chance at the Sugar Shack and Any Given Christmas first, just so you can enjoy all that Deer Lick, Montana has to offer!!  Oh and you get to see more Matt Ryan...swoon...cant' go wrong with more Matt Ryan!!








Pre-Order it, Read-it and Love-it!!  Happy Reading Ladies!!

And for anyone who hasn't heard, Candis signed for another series with Avon which will take place in Sweet, Texas, the setting for her novella, Home Sweet Home.  Can't wait for more from Candis, in my opinion she is the Next Big Thing!!






2 comments:

Jaye Shields said...

Love Candis Terry!

Quilt Lady said...

I have not read this author yet! Must check out her books.