Monday, May 7, 2012

The Phanton Hockey Hunks are Back

Her Man Advantage
Double Overtime #2
Joanne Rock
Released April 17th, 2012
224 Pages
Harlequin
Source: Gifted by Author


The sexy men of the Phantoms Hockey Team are at it again.  This time, Axel Rankin is having a hard time keeping his eyes and hands off of the fiery, red-head director, Jennifer Hunter, who is supposed to be documenting the team as they enter the playoffs.  He needs to keep her camera's out of his past and out of his business, but her in his bed. 

I really enjoyed Axel and Jennifer's story, not more than One Man Rush, but just as much.  I really hope Joanne plans to write more of the Phantoms Hockey Team, I know I would enjoy reading about more Hockey Hunks.

Axel was the type of her that you can't help but fall in love with.  He knows what he wants and works hard to get there.  He had a rough childhood but overcame with the help of the Murphy family who took him in as a teen.  I can't help but feel for a little boy who got mixed-up with some very dangerous people and now has the need to protect his "family" from any harm that can be done to them now. 

I think some of my favorite heroines are Fiery Red-heads, Annabelle Granger from Match Me If You Can and Samantha Holland from Fatal Affair, just like Jennifer, they fight for what's right and are sometimes bull-headed when it comes to getting what they want, they will stop at nothing to get it.  Jennifer has all those qualities and more, but she uses them for good or to help the underdog, even when they haven't asked for her help.  She is a riot and with her and Axel together, you can only get sparks that FLY!!!

The small secondary romance between Chelsea and Vinny was freaking adorable and I wished we got just a bit more of them, but it was still enough to have me wishing I had a Vinny all for my own. 

Joanne gives us another kick-ass romance with Her Man Advantage and I definitely recommend this to all of my Hockey-Lovin Readers.  I just hope Joanne will give us more of the Phantoms in the future!!

1 comment:

Jaye Shields said...

Double overtime...Is that an entendre???