Thursday, March 8, 2012

THROWBACK THURSDAY

Thread of Fear
Laura Griffin
Published Sept 30, 2008
336 Pages
Pocket Star
Source: Reviewer Owned

Forensic artist Fiona Glass is the best in the business -- which is precisely why she's quitting. Her skill at mining victims' memories to re-create the faces of sadistic criminals has left her haunted and wary, and only Jack Bowman's dogged persistence convinces her to help him. The rugged police chief is hunting a serial killer who's targeting teenage girls. But what seems like a simple assignment is fraught with complications, including a searing attraction to Jack that's tempting Fiona to let her guard down in potentially dangerous ways. 

Jack never intended for Fiona to become so deeply involved in the case -- or in his life. But every instinct tells him she's his best hope for finding a psychopath who's lurking in plain sight, growing more ruthless with each passing day. And now that Fiona is right in the killer's crosshairs, the only way to keep her safe is to unravel a small town's darkest secrets, one terrifying thread at a time....

If you haven't read Thread of Fear by the AMAZING Laura Griffin, then you are MISSING OUT!!  I can't stress this enough!!  This was the first book from Laura that I had read and the second I was finished I ran to Barnes and Noble (yes...this was before I had a Kindle) and I bought the rest of her published books.  And I am SO glad I did.


If you read my blog, you might know that I have a thing for Heroes names Jack.  I don't know why, they just seem to be written so well, or they just have that something that causes my Fictional Crush to develop.  Just so happens that Mr. Jack Bowman is one of those Jacks.  He is sexy, handsome, sometimes broody and sometimes can get his foot stuck in his mouth, but other than that, he is SMOKIN!!  And Fiona notices...even if she doesn't want to, and even if his kisses make her knees shake and her whole body go up in flames. 


This is one of those books where you are fighting for the Hero and heroine to make it.  I just wanted Jack and Fiona to be together, but it ALWAYS seemed that something got in the way.  Her sister, a police call, a different call by someone that gets Jack in trouble....one of my FAVORITE PARTS...haha..."I'm with Carlos"....hahaha (You will just have to read it to understand what I mean)


Like all of Laura Griffins books, we get suspense, murder, dirty villains and many fun secondary characters that even spill over into the second book of this small series, Whisper of Warning and also, we get a small taste of Nathan from Untraceable, one of my OTHER FAVORITES!!


OK...I might just LOVE all of Laura's books and I hope that you all will try out her stuff, especially if you are a Romance Suspense fan, but if you love romance in general.  And start with Thread of Fear...you WONT be sorry!!


No comments: