Thursday, February 23, 2012

Throwback Thursday

Catch of the Day
Kristan Higgins
Released Oct 1st, 2007
Reissued Feb 28, 2012
377 Pages
HQN
Source: Reviewer Owned



This catch of the day could be the dish of a lifetime!

First Date à la Maggie
Take one lovelorn diner owner (me)
A generous helping of nosy local gossips
A dollop of envy at married sister's perfect life
A splash of divine intervention (my matchmaking priest)

Combine ingredients with one adorable puppy, add a strong but silent lobsterman with a hidden heart of gold . . . and watch the sparks fly.


Today's Throwback is being reissued with a new cover next week, so I thought it would be a great choice, since you all will be able to go out to the store next week to grab a new copy.  *hee hee* 



What's really exciting is that Kristan's new book, Somebody to Love, which releases in late April, takes place in Gideon's Cove, where Catch of the Day is set.




Not that you HAVE TO read Catch of the Day before hand, but if your like me, I love to be in "THE KNOW" about the secondary characters, especially if they are from an older book and we get to see what has been going on while we were away! 

Catch of the Day not only had me rolling on my butt with laughter, but had me tearing up just as much, which I tend to do with EVERY Kristan Higgins book.  She just has a way of writing such emotionally-charged books.....All the emotions come out!!

And talk about Tall, Dark and Handsome.....Malone, our hero, is the strong but silent type who has Maggie thinking things about him that she does not want to be thinking, well, because her heart is occupied by someone else....ummm....maybe someone who she REALLY should not be crushing on...hahaha.....

Just read it, and if you have read it, leave a comment about HOW MUCH YOU LOVED IT!!!

3 comments:

Natalija said...

It must be a really good book because this is the second time in 2 days that I have read great things about it.

Quilt Lady said...

I have not read this book but love Kristan's books, must check it out.

Toni said...

This is my favorite book! I cant wait to read the next one!!!!