Sunday, December 11, 2011

Marking Time ...Hits It's Mark

Marking Time
Treading Water Series #2
Marie Force
Released Nov 28th, 2011
E-Book
Source: Reviewer Purchased



In this Continuation of Treading Water, we follow Clare Harrington while she tries to find her place in the world after missing the last three years of her life.  She heads to Stowe, Vermont in hopes that some time away from "her home", will help her with her recovery, mind, body and soul.  What she doesn't expect is to meet Aiden O'Malley, the handsome man she hired to restore her bothers vacation home.  While Clare and Aiden learn more about each other, her middle daughter Kate heads to Nashville, Tennessee to try and "Make it Big" in the music industry.  While living in Nashville, Kate falls hard for Reid Matthews, who was supposed to be looking out for her, instead of trying to keep his eyes off of her.  But when their secret relationship is ripped wide open, will Kate be strong enough to stick up for what she believes is true, or will other Oppourtunities arise that will tear them further apart.

WOW...is all I have to say.  Marking Time is a Kick Butt sequel to Treading Water.  Just like with Treading Water, Marie creates a story that not only takes on through a sea of emotions but on an adventure from Stowe, Vermont to Nashville, Tennessee, back to Rhode Island. 

I really enjoyed getting to know Clare as a person, and not just the girls mother.  She needed to find herself again, not as Jack's wife, not as a mother, but as Clare, the woman.  And boy...did Aiden help!!  hehe!  I liked their flirty banter, I liked to see Clare making a life for just "herself", where before, she was more involved in everyone elses life.  She was able to heal and with the healing, find LOVE again, with a great man, who was lonely for way too long.

The book travels back and forth between Clare and Kate.  Kate is starting her own adventure in Nashville, where she wants to be discovered.  I really liked Kate, even from Treading Water.  I loved the relationship she formed with Andi towards the end, always thinking she was very loyal.  I have to say, the relationship between Kate and Reid was sweet, and you could tell that he really was in love with her.  I don't want to give anything away, but I have to be honest and say that I think things between them happened for a reason, and you were able to tell the difference in maturity level between the two.  Once you read the book, you might agree!!

Marking Time was a beautifly written book that takes you on a roller coaster of emotions.  I was sad, happy, laughing than Angry....I have to say I was angry A LOT, haha!!  I say angry, but on more of an Empathetic level.....I was angry for the characters and angry at certain characters.  But all in all....Marking Time hits the Mark, and will touch your heart.

Marie Force has created a world with these characters that we will all be asking for more of.  The third book, Starting Over, will be released late December, and I have a feeling that it might just be my favorite, yet!!

No comments: