Saturday, September 17, 2011

FOOL'S GOLD RETURNS...

Only His
Susan Mallery
Released On Sept 27th, 2011
384 Pages
HQN





As a lover of all Susan Mallery I have read all of her books, and I love the Fool's Gold series. I was so excited for Nevada book after reading both of her sisters love stories, but I just didn't love this one as much as I did the other two.
The relationship between Tucker and Nevada was some what overshadowed by the romance between Denise and Max and then with Will and Jo. The other romances were also thrown together and grew very quickly....I just felt as if I missed out on so much.
Also, we were introduced to Heidi, Annabelle and Charlie, who I felt were also kind of thrown into the story to prepare us for the next installment.
And having Cat jump into the story with all her craziness was not needed. She never explained why she fooled them into sleeping together ten years ago. I never got all my answers about that night and it was almost just forgotten about.
I enjoyed the book....I liked catching up with all of our old Fool's Gold friends... but the whole book felt rushed.... The main love story just got lost in the shuffle and then re-appeared for the last few pages.
I am still very much looking forward to the Christmas Novella and the next three Fool's Gold books coming out next Summer....So keep up the amazing stories Susan....I still love you!

No comments: