Thursday, August 30, 2012

Give this one a shot!

Close Enough to Touch
Victoria Dahl
Released August 28th, 2012
384 Pages
Harlequin HQN
Source: NetGalley


This is the first in a new series from Victoria Dahl, a bit more emotional than her other contemporary romances, but if you give it a chance, I think you will be happy that you did.

Make-up Artist, Grace Barrett, escapes to Jackson Hole, Wyoming with thirty dollars in her pocket and a duffel bag full of everything she owns.  Her great-aunt, Rayleen, offers her an apartment to stay in until she can get back on her feet, which sounds easier said than done, when you owe your ex-boyfriend eight thousand dollars and there could be a warrant out for your arrest.

In steps Cole Rawlins, yummy, sexy cowboy neighbor, who tries to get past Grace's defenses, but gets into her pants instead.  Between these two broken souls, it will take a miracle for either to find more than physical release with one another, but never say never.  With a cast of characters that shake things up for Grace and Cole, you will enjoy Close Enough to Touch, you just have to give it a chance. 

I personally was very close to putting the book down a few times, I was having a hard time holding interest, but then I got to a point where I was very curious about Cole and what past secrets he was hiding, and then I got swept into the story and by the time I was done, I had come to really like Grace and Cole, and I was curious to see where their relationship was headed.  So, I will say if you are feeling this way at the beginning..KEEP READING...it just gets better!!

I am excited to see where this series is headed and who will be the next hero and heroine, we certainly have many new faces to choose from!!  As a fan of Victoria Dahl, I should have known she would never let me down when it comes to romance!!

Enjoy and Happy Reading!!

No comments: