Wednesday, February 15, 2012

This book is a "DO"

Do or Di
Eileen Cook
Released Jan 22nd, 2012
Ebook
Self Published
Source: Author Gifted


A laugh out loud romantic comedy, from the author of Unpredictable and Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood.


Erin Callighan has given up on the idea of a fairy tale romance. Having dated her own version of the Seven Dwarves (including Grumpy and Sleepy), she's letting go of the idea of Prince Charming and settling for Prince Good Enough. Erin’s focused on reaching her dream of having her own talk radio show, even if it means having to temporarily co-host with the annoying “Voice of Seattle”, Colin Stewart.

To score points with her station manager, she agrees to be a part of the Positive Partnerships program that matches her with Diana, a troubled pre-teen who swears she's channeling the spirit of the late Princess Diana. She's supposed to be mentoring Diana, but the channeled princess has a lot to teach Erin about love and happily ever after endings.

Do or Di, the new, chick-lit, release from Eileen Cook will definitely have you cracking up!  I laughed out loud a few times while reading this book, my dogs were looking at me like I was crazy. 

I enjoyed the way the storyline panned out, and I have to say, I had NO IDEA what was going to happen in the end.  That is what I liked best about this book, it was unpredictable.  I find that to be one of the most important things while reading a new book.  I don't want to "know" what is going to happen, I want to be surprised, or even taken for a loop, and that is what happened with Do or Di.

Erin Callighan just wanted to meet a GREAT guy, but yet, it just wasn't happening.  Then when it finally does, OH BOY.....didn't see that coming.  Jonathan, that weasel-jerk.....I DID NOT like him AT ALL!!  Any woman who has ever dated a man that was "off-limits" will understand Erin's dilemma and will be hoping that she regains some sort of "sense" before she gets in too deep.  This was where Diana came in. 

I think my favorite character, aside from Colin, was Diana. She was the young girl that Erin was supposed to be mentoring, but Diana ended up being more of a "mentor" to Erin. I especially loved when she would start in on Erin's choice of clothing...I was cracking up!

Do or Di is more of a Chick-lit, than a romance, but it was enjoyable, and sometimes you just want to read a book that will make you laugh!

Interested in Reading Do or Di?  Come back tomorrow when A Tasty Read will have Eileen Cook here, answering a few questions and Hosting a GREAT GIVEAWAY of Do or Di!



No comments: