Friday, February 3, 2012

Take "TIME OUT" to read this!!

Time Out
Jill Shalvis
Released Feb 21st, 2012
224 Pages
Harlequin
Source: NetGalley Provided

Jill Shalvis has the writing skills to make us fall madly in love with her Hero even if he had an extra arm and one eye, but this is NOT the case with Mark Diego, the sexy, Latino coach of the Mammoths Pro-Hockey team.

Mark happens to have been the childhood crush of our heroine, Rainey Saunders, who made a fool of herself fourteen years ago, when she attempted to give Mark her virginity. Let's just say he was already occupied at the time.

After a fight between a few of his players and another team, Mark forces two of his spoiled players to work rebuilding homes and coaching rec sports in his hometown. Guess who is more than shocked to see Mark pull up during a car wash fundraiser for the local rec program? Rainey, who runs the sports program for the community, and she is NOT happy.

First off, I will say I LOVED the premise of the book and I REALLY LOVED the hero, Mark and the heroine, Rainey. They were so funny when they got together and beyond hot when they tore up the sheets. I really liked the book, but I felt that; (1) It could have been longer, (2) It was just missing that SOMETHING, and (3) It was a bit rushed, but it is a harlequin, so I won't take off any points for that.

I will say, that I especially enjoyed a Latino Hero, we don't get that many Latino heroes these days, and I LIKEY, LIKEY some Latino lovin!! And I loved the way he kept telling the girls on his softball team to "put some clothes on"! Those scenes had me cracking up!

Could have used a bit more conflict, but I did enjoy the story and the characters, so it has my recommendation.

No comments: