Wednesday, February 1, 2012

One More Summer Touches The Heart

One More Summer
Liz Flaherty
Released Jan 2nd, 2012
Ebook
Carina Press
Source: NetGalley



Another reviewer on Goodreads wrote something along the lines of "I have never read a book where the Cover and the description didn't match the book inside". 

I have to agree with her.  The book I finished last night was SO MUCH MORE than the cover and description give you.  The book is not a fluff read in the least.  It is filled with emotion, and heart-break, love and loss. 

WOW...One More Summer kind of knocked me on my butt!

Our heroine, Grace, is what my husband would call "a collector of old people".  She is a giver, because it's all she feels that she's good at.  And you can't knock a person for using "giving" for a skill.  With the passing of her father, a horribly mean man,  she has taken in a few kind folks, who need a home and they become a "family". 

This family includes Dillon Campbell, Grace's older brother Steven's best friend, who stood her up on the night of her prom fifteen years prior.  All these years she never knew the real reason, only the reasons her father had told her, that she was ugly and no one would want her.  But things change the summer he comes to stay in her guest house, love blooms, family secrets are brought to light, and Grace might have found more in Dillon Campbell than either of them bargained for.

One More Summer has so many wonderful secondary characters, from Grace's brother and sister to her best friend, Promise, and I couldn't imagine the book being the same without every single one of them!  Many broken connections are brought together and healed, some are just blooming and some are so strong that they will last even into the afterlife. 

Yep, this book had my emotions all over the place, from mad to sad to so angry I wanted to punch something to my chest tightening with heart-ache.  Oh boy....just have some tissues handy.

This is one of those books where you can't judge a book by the cover, because this book is beyond what you think it will be.  Give it a shot and I know you won't be sorry!!

And at only $4.79 on Amazon...You can't go wrong!!

Ill definitely be adding Liz Flaherty to my Authors to Watch list!!

No comments: