Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Not Wild about Wild Thing

Wild Thing
Domestic God's #5
Robin Kaye
Released Dec 1st, 2011
384 Pages
Sourcebooks
Source: NetGalley




Whitewater-rafting guide Hunter Kincaid lands his dream job–guiding sportswear models through Idaho's rugged wilderness for a photo shoot. When he meets Toni Russo, the goth New York manager of Action Models, there are enough sparks to set the forest ablaze.

When Hunter finds Toni's book on how to marry the man of your choice, he studies it as a joke. Before long Hunter realizes he's never cared enough for a woman to bother working this hard to get her. But the last man in the world this city girl wants is a Survivor Man wannabe...



I have read the complete Domestic God's Series, even when they began to feel a bit repetitive, but I like to finish a series and know what happens to all of the characters that I invested all of my time with, but Wild Thing....just didn't do it for me. I know, I know....I REALLY wanted to like this book and after reading the blurb, I was so excited to finally sit down and start the book...but after the first few pages... I was ready to put it down. 


The main characters, Hunter Kincaid and Toni Russo, were physically a match that I would have liked to see take each other on, but their personalities...UGH...they just annoyed me. And I HATE, HATE saying this, believe me...but I just couldn't stand Toni. She was an annoying baby half the time and then a total bitch the other time. And Hunter....I wanted to slap him more than a few times. For such a strong, wilderness guy....he was like the "girl" in the relationship. And their first "love scene".....I didn't even want to finish reading. It felt like I was reading a Harlequin "Virgin" book.


There really was no secondary characters to "Save the day". His brothers were like two meddling aunts and his sister was a typical younger sister trying to stir up trouble. I really didn't love anyone in this book. Just didn't do it for me!!


I will continue to read books by Robin Kaye because I have enjoyed her other books, but Wild Thing won't be making my Best Books of 2011 List!!

1 comment:

Natalija said...

I like unusual characters, but I agree that Hunter & Toni sound a bit weird. I can tolerate annoying, bitchy ... only if there is a story behind. I usually try not to rate characters or their actions, but author's ability to show me why her characters are like they are or why they act in certain way. I hope I was able to express well my thoughts :)