Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Not What I Expected

Romero
The Moreno Brothers #4
Elizabeth Reyes
Ebook
Released Oct 24th, 2011


Prim and proper middle school teacher Isabel Montenegro always runs the opposite direction from men like Ramon Romero. A foul-mouthed, uneducated, loose cannon has no place in her careful plans. But instead of running away, Isabel is completely captivated.

Romero has no idea what he's getting himself into when he first kisses Isabel. Shocked at the passion she invokes in him, he believes he can keep his usual short fuse under wraps. Falling fast and hard for someone so flawlessly sweet only makes him more aware that he’s far from perfect.

Can two people who are worlds apart teach each other how to love, or will the reality of their differences drive them apart?


I was so looking forward to Izzy and Romero's story, and I liked it, I did, but there was something I just couldn't get past,  HIS ANGER AND JEALOUS TANTRUMS.

his attitude really bothered me.  It was sad because I really liked Romero's character in the first two books of The Moreno Brother's Series, but in this book, aside from the times when he was really  sweet, he seemed like a possessive asshole. 

 I am not looking for a possessive asshole for a Hero!  

In the first two books of the series, our hero Angel was slightly possessive  and Alex, our second hero, was a goon, but Romero's character took it to another level.  He was slightly abusive...or at least getting there. I understand he LOVED her, but how many Lifetime movies does it take to realize that when a guy is OBSESSED with you like that....ITS SCARY!!

I enjoyed Izzy and Romero getting to know each other and I didn't even mind when he got jealous about her spending time with another guy, or when she got upset that he had lunch with another girl at "Their" restaurant.  Normal couple DO experience jealousy and spats every now and then,  but I was so DISAPPOINTED with his ANGER issues. 

Yeah...It does happen in life, that you meet and fall in love with a guy who has anger issues....but I would have liked to have seen her a little STRONGER and stand up for herself, not cower and cry when he called her by her first name and not Izzy.
Ok...Breathe...

All in all, I liked it, but he really annoyed me....I don't think that girls should read about this behavior and think it is ok!! Even if it is labeled an Adult Contemporary.

But, this is  just my opinion...maybe some girls like guys like that!!

What do you think about using Overly Possessive men as Heroes??  Do you think it teaches young women that it is ok to accept this behavior from a man?? 

Leave a comment....Let's chat....

No comments: