Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Virgin River Christmas

Bring Me Home For Christmas
Robyn Carr
Released September 27, 2011
Harlequin


This year, Becca Timm knows the number one item on her Christmas wish list—getting over Denny Cutler. Three years ago, Denny broke her heart before heading off to war. It's time she got over her silly high-school relationship and moved on.

So she takes matters into her own hands and heads up to Virgin River, the rugged little mountain town that Denny calls home, as an uninvited guest on her brother's men-only hunting weekend. But when an accident turns her impromptu visit into an extended stay, Becca finds herself stranded in Virgin River. With Denny. In very close quarters.

As the power of Christmas envelops the little town, Becca discovers that the boy she once loved has become a strong and confident man. And the most delicious Christmas present she can imagine.


If you have ever read an of the other Virgin River Series you will understand when I say that it was very much like the others. Robyn writes about a wonderful town with friends that are more like family, where everyone helps their neighbors in need. I remember enjoying the first few in the series and then they started to feel repetitive, which this one was, but I did enjoy seeing all my old friends again.

Becca forced herself on a hunting trip to Virgin River with her brother and a few other former Marines, one being Denny, her ex. Their break up wasn't mutual and she ended up hurt and confused for a long time. Now she is about to be engaged to someone else but needs the closure with Denny before she makes what might be a big mistake.

I have to say I like Becca as a heroine, she was funny, sarcastic and friendly. Who hasn't been in her boat, not knowing if you are marrying the wrong person. On the other hand...I didn't love Denny. He was handsome and caring, but at times the things he said were kind of cheesy for a twenty five year old former Marine.

All in all, I liked the book. Everytime I read a Virgin River book I feel as though I have come home for a visit. I get to hang out with my old friends and meet some new ones.

No comments: