Friday, September 9, 2011

My Only Fear.....I didn't love it!

Only Fear
Anne Marie Becker
Released Sept 5th, 2011
Kindle Edition




After a violent incident with a patient leaves scars on both her mind and body, psychiatrist Dr. Maggie Levine craves isolation. A radio talk show host seems to be the perfect profession, a job where she can help people from a distance while staying safe. When a strange caller begins stalking her on the air and murdering people to get her attention, Maggie realizes she can no longer close herself off from the outside world.

A personal security expert, former Secret Service Agent Ethan Townsend is no stranger to tracking down the most violent monsters of society and bringing them to justice. Still, it will take all of Ethan's skills to protect his new assignment, the irresistible Maggie, from a man intent on teaching her the ultimate lesson in fear….

Only Fear started out good with a psycho caller on a radio talk show and the break in of Maggie's apartment, and I was digging Ethan was the hero....hottie agent with a chip on his shoulder. But then it just kind of went down hill from there. The action didn't keep my interest and once "OWEN" got involved with Deborah my brain kind of just stopped paying attention.

The writing was very descriptive and the author had a very cool plot, but my interest was lost. I normally like a thriller with great chemistry between the two main characters, Ethan and Maggie did have a fast connection and a lot of touches/kisses, but it almost felt rushed.

Since I am not the biggest Suspense Romance reader, my opinion could be off, and some people might really connect with the characters, but it just wasn't my cup of tea!!

No comments: