Friday, August 26, 2011

HURRICANE FRIDAY

Hey Everyone,

The move is almost over, so I will be able to get back to my reading and reviewing, Oh yeah, and some really yummy treats!!


With Irene on her way this weekend, today's post will be focused on preparing for Tropical Storm weather and power outages.  Here are some tips on how to get yourself prepared.

1. Stop at Barnes and Noble today/or go to B&N online or Amazon and get yourself some great reads since you will be spending a lot of time indoors this weekend.

2. Make sure you have batteries stocked up for your Reading Light....just in case you are left with no power.

3. Make sure you have yummy snacks, brownies, cookies, chocolate bars, etc.  Make the treats tonight so you will have them in case you lose electricity.  What is a hurricane without the yummy treats!!

4. Oh yeah.....and don't forget to stock up on bottled water, pet food, canned food, flash lights and batteries!!

Hope my tips helped and PLEASE be safe!!

1 comment:

Rachel Brooks said...

I hope everyone stays safe this weekend! I'm not on the east coast, but these are great hurricane tips!

Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/