Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Long Awaited Reunion

Coming Home
Treading Water #4
Marie Force
Released Dec 13th, 2012
ebook
Self-Published
Source: Reviewer Purchased

The long awaited reunion of Kate Harrington and Reid Matthews is finally here...and SOOOO worth the wait!!

Blurb

The story left unfinished at the end of Marking Time picks up ten years later when Kate Harrington goes after the man she left behind when she set out to chase her dream of music superstardom. Now she has everything she ever wanted, except for the one thing she can't live without.

What will Reid say when she shows up unannounced in St. Kitts, looking to reclaim their lost love? And what will Jack, Kate's father, have to say when he hears she's gone back to her first love, a man Jack once considered a friend? And what do you think will happen when Jill Harrington, Kate's sister, attorney and manager, faces off with Ashton Matthews, Reid's son, the same man who made life miserable for Kate many years ago?

The sparks will fly when the Harrington, Matthews and O'Malley families gather in Nashville for a Christmas none of them will ever forget!

Marie Force has done it again...got my heart racing, awaiting disaster that might tear Kate and Reid apart for the second time...whew...I'm just glad I got through this one without the heart attack!  The chemistry between Kate and Reid was even more explosive than I remembered. 

I couldn't have been happier at the end of COMING HOME, after the disaster that was my heart after Kate walked out on Reid in MARKING TIME, the second book of the Treading Water Series.  I had a few issues with the way Kate handled their break-up, she was immature and unreasonable.  Yes...I was on Team Reid.  But, I have to say, Kate definitely redeemed herself in my eyes in COMING HOME.  She certainly grew up and realized that she lost the love of her life because of her hasty actions, and set out to make things right.  And right they were!!

I loved Reid more than ever in COMING HOME.  He is a TRUE gentlemen and I was so overjoyed to see him happy again, after his heart was utterly broken ten years ago by Kate.  I loved every touch, every smile, every laugh...they were just too freakn adorable.

And Ashton Matthews, he certainly redeemed himself in COMING HOME.  I was happy to see him as a handsome, charming, lovable grown man, and not the same spoiled brat he was in MARKING TIME.  I LOVED the secondary romance between Ashton and Jill, Kate's oldest sister.  Their flirty banter had me flying through the pages so that I could know what would happen next.

I simply adore COMING HOME, and am so happy that Marie was kind enough to give her fans the story they had been asking for.  I never wanted to see a couple work more than Kate and Reid, and I got my happily ever after. 

This can be read as a stand alone, but I would suggest reading the entire Treading Water Series first, only because they are AMAZING!!  If you are looking for a series that will have your heart breaking and the tears streaming, then this is the series for you.





Enjoy and Happy Reading!!

2 comments:

Sharlene said...

Thanks for the review. I haven't read any of these, so I guess I will start with the first book. They sound good!

Quilt Lady said...

Sounds really good.