Monday, December 3, 2012

Billy Wilkins...Oh my!

Crazy Thing Called Love
Crooked Creek Ranch #3
Molly O'Keefe
Released Jan 29th, 2013
368 Pages
Bantam Publishing
Source: NetGalley

Blurb

Dallas TV morning show host Madelyn Cornish is poised, perfect, and unflappable, from her glossy smile to her sleek professionalism. No one knows that her iron will guards a shattered heart and memories of a man she’s determined to lock out. Until that man shows up at a morning meeting like a bad dream: Billy Wilkins, sexy hockey superstar in a tailspin—still skating, still fighting, and still her ex-husband.

Now the producers want this poster child for bad behavior to undergo an on-air makeover, and Billy, who has nothing to lose, agrees to the project. It’s his only chance to get near Maddy again, and to fight for the right things this time around. He believes in the fire in Maddy’s whiskey eyes and the passion that ignites the air between them. This bad-boy heartbreaker wants a last shot to be redeemed by the only thing that matters: Maddy’s love.


I have to start out this review by sharing my undying love for our hero, Billy Wilkins.  What a wonderful guy, ok maybe not ALL the time, but he is just so endearing that I couldn't help but fall completely in love.  As you fly through the chapters, uncovering more and more about Billy and Maddy, you will fall in love too!

To be honest, this one started out a bit slow for me.  I wasn't sure that I was going to LOVE it.  I wasn't super crazy about our heroine, Maddy, even though I did sympathize with her and where she stood in her feelings for Billy, and what had happened in their short marriage.  But, don't give up, keep reading, because there is so much more to be discovered.  I found that by the end of the book, I actually really liked Maddy.  She learned a lot about herself and in the end I was rooting for things to work out between Billy and Maddy.

This is a great romance for anyone who is a fan of Rachel Gibson or Susan Elizabeth Phillips.  Molly writes not just a romance but a story about finding a real family where you'd least expect it.  I truly enjoyed this read and I hope that you will add Crazy Thing Called Love to your 2013 To Read List!



No comments: