Monday, July 23, 2012

A WEEK OF YA

I have been reading some AMAZING YA Romances recently, so I thought, why not have a FULL WEEK OF YA.  Today I am starting off with a Fantastic Debut Release from a new Harlequin Teen Author.


Pushing The Limits
Katie McGarry
Releasing July 31st, 2012
384 Pages
Harlequin Teen
Source: NetGalley

Katie McGarry is ONE TO WATCH, and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

Pushing The Limits is an amazing YA romance that touches on so many issues within the lives of Echo Emerson and Noah Hutchins, two lost souls who are both just looking for a bit of "Normal" in their lives.

They are put together by the new school Therapist, Mrs. Collins, who I have to say that I LOVED and completely pictured the woman who plays the Guidance Counselor in MTV's show, Awkward.  Echo took a job tutoring a troubled student, Noah Hutchins, who needs to get his grades up in order to eventually gain custody of his two younger brothers after he graduated High School. 

What began as something very innocent turns into so much more than a romance between these two lost souls, but a connection that neither of them could have imagined.  Echo and Noah have plans to help each other find the answers both are looking for, but will their love survive, after all is said and done, or will the answers that they had been looking for be the one thing that can keep them apart. 

I will admit that the cover was the first thing that caught my eye, but the story on the inside is what will stay with you for far longer than you will remember the beautiful cover.  Echo and Noah have certainly stayed with me and have found a permanent home on my list of Favorite YA Couples.  Noah alone will certainly have you falling in love, with his chocolate brown stare and the flop of hair than always seems to fall in his eyes.  Talk about a mega crush!!

There were some GREAT secondary characters, Beth and Isaiah, who are Noah's foster brother and sister, and Beth is actually getting her own book called Dare You To, which should be out sometime in 2013.  Isaiah is just ADORABLE and you might find yourself with a slight crush on him as well.  Carrie and Joe, who I actually really began to like as I got further into the book.  Mrs. Collins, who I already mentioned that I LOVED.  She is so much more than just an employee of the school, but becomes a true hero in my eyes.  And Mr. Emerson and Ashley...oh boy...so much going on between these two and Echo.  Everyone holds a small piece of the book, but I don't think it would have been as great of a book without them.

I HIGHLY recommend Pushing The Limits and I hope that you feel the same way about this book as I do.  I love when I can't put a book down and that was how I felt while reading this book..it was that good.  This is a TO-READ and in my opinion, one for the Keeper Shelf. 

Enjoy and Happy Reading!!

No comments: